BIOPAC Student Lab Systems (BSL)
Gold Standard for Life Science Instruction and Teaching
- Product No: NS-1073
- Manufacturer: Biopac
- EEG EMG ECG EOG EP PLETH FFT Respiratory Airflow HR HRV
- Request Quote
The BIOPAC Student Lab Systems (BSL) include all you need (except the computer) to conduct physiology lab experiments including ECG, EEG, EMG, and EOG. Start teaching and instructing more dynamically by letting your students, trainees, apprentices, etc. interactively learn the fundamentals and advanced studies of ECG, EEG, EMG, EOG, and more! The BSL System uses lessons with students as subjects to increase interest and retention. Let students record data from their own bodies, be guided by a detailed lab manual and onscreen guide, and analyze the results. With the BIOPAC Student Lab System, students can then compare data from different experimental conditions with others in their group and with all students in the lab.
The student-friendly BSL Systems reduces setup time by up to 90%, so students collect excellent data and
focus on scientific principles. The multi-level learning features of the BSL software let you control the material
and method of each experiment - you can even use the BSL for graduate programs and advanced research.
- Use the 18 guided BSL Lessons for introductory concepts
- Choose from 45+ PRO Lessons for introductory & advanced concepts
- Add analysis tools to existing Lessons
- Let students develop experiment protocols
- Modify a Lesson or incorporate existing lab procedures
- Easily create new experiments
BSL lesson experiments are included in a number of the leading published Lab Manuals and have been
successfully used to study:
|ECG||EDA (GSR)||Heart Sounds||Reaction Time|
|EMG||Bioimpedance/Cardiac Output||Pulmonary Function||Temperature|
|EOG||Blood Pressure||Gas Analysis||Metabolic Rate|
BIOPAC Student Lab Packages
Depending on your field of research and teaching, we offer different system packages for the BSL
Basic System Components
All BSL Packages include:
- Powerful MP36 Data Acquisition Unit with 4 certified human-safe input channels, built-in amplifiers
- BSL software with interactive, guided lessons; extensive before-, during-, and after-lab student and educator support materials; and BSL PRO
- BSL Laboratory Manual
- Electrode lead sets with smart, “Simple Sensor” connectors
- Disposable electrodes
- Abrasive pads
- USB cable
- Power transformer
BSL software then guides students through BSL lessons with full-color onscreen instructions, a detailed lab manual, and embedded procedure videos and data samples. “Smart” electrodes and transducers employ sensors that allow the software to communicate with them to ensure that the students are using the correct devices and collecting good data; it’s like having a teaching assistant in a box.
Once students collect the data, they use included software tools to measure the amplitude and frequency, plus a wide range of other values from the electrical signals. Students can compare their results to published normal values, or the values before and after a subject performed a specified task. They can even compare their results with other students in the lab, and completed data reports can be saved, placed in a DropBox® account, or emailed to instructors for review, or saved on a networked server.
- Ready-to-run, ready-to-teach right out of the box
- Fully engages students before, during, and after the lab
- Customizable, scalable, and flexible for advanced and upper-level coursework
Please note: Important! This product is for research applications only. Not a medical device as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Not designed or intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of disease.